Namaste’ Dear Balanced Souls!
It seems just yesterday I was figuring out how I wanted my blog to look…but I am feeling the urge to switch again! The strong green got a bit too strong for me…and I wanted something a bit more gentle, restful to my eyes. I don’t know if it’s because I am experiencing a swing of Tamas (inertia) lately, or if it’s just that LOTS of things in my life need to look different these days.
I have been wearing different clothing to the office, wearing my hair in a different style, digging out old stuff from closets I thought I would never get rid of…but there it is.
Time for a new, fresh, open look…more space, more ease, more potential.
It could also be, that with the New Moon, comes the Jewish New Year, and this is the first year, in a long while, that I am able to celebrate in person with my family and friends. This year marks myriad firsts for me in some time…my family is growing and transforming, relationships are deepening, and I am setting up patterns for my life (I hope!) that are steeped in Delicious Gratitude and celebration.
And maybe you are feeling the same urges? To clean out, move forth, rid yourSelf of things tying you down: I welcome you to the current! Where can you make room for New in your life: even energetically? In my life, when the physical Stuff becomes too much, my mental space is crowded as well. I am One Who Accumulates (unabashedly!) but I am ALSO One Who Gives Away. Living in the ebb and flow of material things moving in and out of my life, finding new homes, or my home…is a tremendous blessing. At the moment, it’s a Giving Out process: Gathering in happens as the weather gets cooler, sweaters and slippers that I knit pile on the couch and closets, and then more GIVING as the holidays approach.
What does that look like for you? How is your energy lately: outward, inward; moving slowly or quickly? Grounded or frantic? Simply noticing, and then USING that natural cadence to dictate how you live you life, is much easier, than, say, stocking pantries when we’d rather be cleaning them out, or running errands when we just need a nap.
Open to the flow, and welcome to the New Look.
- The Jewish New Year and Another Golden Opportunity to Get Yourself Out of the Shadow of the Past (notinindia2012.wordpress.com)
- Beginner’s Guide to the High Holy Days (coffeeshoprabbi.com)
- The One Thing You Need in Your Closet (heidiklum.aol.com)
- Jewish New Year: Appreciating gift of life (napavalleyregister.com)
- I will not abide in death (neverpictureperfect.wordpress.com)
- Nitzavim: To life, but not like the fiddler. (anitasilvert.wordpress.com)
- Mizel Museum’s “How Sweet It Is” Rosh Hashanah Program Series To Celebrate and Educate about Bees and Honey (prweb.com)
- Important Jewish Events That Happen During The Months of Elul And Tishrei In September 2012 (Ending the Jewish Year 5772 And Beginning The Jewish Year 5773) (paradoxparables.justparadox.com)
- What Have You Done for You Lately? (thebalancedsoul.wordpress.com)