Black Bean BROWNIES!!!
Have you done this before? Um….go do it, either again, or for the first time. I know, it’s the day before Christmas! That’s ok! Make these and eat them for dinner, and start a new family tradition! Or for breakfast tomorrow! I mean, if you’re going to eat a brownie for a meal, it might as well be gluten-free and full of nutrient-dense black beans!
No-Flour Black Bean Brownies
- 1 1/2 cups black beans (1 15-oz can, drained and rinsed very well) (250g after draining)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder- dutch or regular (10g) (add a little extra if desired)
- 1/2 cup quick oats (40g) (See nutrition facts link below for all substitution notes.)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or agave (Honey will work, but not for strict vegans.) (75g)
- 2 nunaturals stevia packs or 2 tbsp sugar (or omit and increase maple syrup to 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup coconut or vegetable oil (40g) (See “nutrition facts” link for all substitution notes.)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup chocolate chips (115-140g) (Not optional. Omit at your own risk.)
- optional: more chips, for presentation
Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine all ingredients except chips in a good food processor, and blend until completely smooth. Really blend well. (A blender can work if you absolutely must, but the texture—and even the taste—will be much better in a food processor.) Stir in the chips, then pour into a greased 8×8 pan. Optional: sprinkle extra chocolate chips over the top. Cook 15-18 minutes, then let cool at least 10 minutes before trying to cut. Makes 9-12 brownies.
And if you want the full post, follow this link. She has TONS of great dessert ideas.
Blessings, full bellies, and happy holidays
- Black Bean Brownies. (are they as good as normal brownies?) (healthaholics.wordpress.com)
- Black Bean Burger Recipe (sheilacraan1.wordpress.com)
- Slow Cooker Black Beans (thebalancedsoul.wordpress.com)
- Recipe: Cuban Black Bean Soup – Recipes from The Kitchn (thekitchn.com)